Disgraced celebrity chef Mario Batali settled separate sexual misconduct lawsuits against him by two women in Boston, lawyers for the accusers confirmed Tuesday, after he was found not guilty of groping one of the women in a criminal trial in May.
The terms of the settlements were undisclosed, according to the New York Times.
One of the accusers, Natali Tene, sued Batali in 2018, and lost a criminal trial against him this spring over claims he groped her and kissed her without her consent when taking a selfie together at a bar in Boston in 2017.
Another accuser, Alexandra Brown, also sued him in 2018, saying she too had been groped by when taking a photo with him in 2016.
In a joint statement, lawyers Eric Baum and Matthew Fogelman told Reuters “the matters have been resolved to the satisfaction of all parties.”
Forbes has reached out to Batali’s lawyer for comment, who has not issued a statement on the settlement publicly.
Batali was charged with indecent assault and battery over the incident with Tene, to which he pleaded not guilty. After a no-jury trial, Judge James Staton said while Batali’s behavior was “not fitting,” he found him not guilty. Stanton said Batali had already suffered “diminished reputation and financial loss,” and Tene had “significant credibility issues.” Batali was first accused of sexual misconduct in 2017 in a report from Eater and since then, several more women have come forward with allegations of the same nature about the former Malto Mario star. An investigation from New York Attorney General Tish James found Batali’s restaurant group, Batali & Bastianich Hospitality Group, was rife with harassment. He, former partner Joe Bastianich and the company were ordered to pay $600,000 to at least 20 employees of former New York hotspots Babbo, Lupa and Del Posto.