Aldi Just Launched A Free Rosé Dispensing Billboard

Food & Drink

Rosé lovers, rejoice: Aldi has just launched the world’s first rosé dispensing billboard in Manchester, and it’s completely free to use.

The catch? It only dispenses the wine at 19.2° celsius—the ideal temperature to enjoy the tipple, according to the supermarket’s research.

“Everyone’s familiar with the saying ‘it’s wine o’clock,’ but we were curious to find out when it’s ‘rosé degrees’,” says Julie Ashfield, the Managing Director of Buying at Aldi UK. “According to the nation of rosé lovers, the ideal temperature is 19.2 degrees.”

Aldi’s decision to unveil this innovative billboard was backed by a survey of over 1,000 rosé drinkers.

“Setting up the world’s first billboard to dispense rosé at a certain warm temperature was a challenge in Manchester, which is noted for rain, but as the centre of the region which loves rosé more than any other in the UK , fortunately everything came up rosé.”

In their research, the supermarket also found that rosé lovers enjoy an average of 63 glasses throughout summer, spending £11.34 [$14.17] a bottle, with the preference being a glass of Provence at 5.18pm.

The topic of adding ice to rosé proved to be a divisive one among the survey participants: while 55% of respondents deemed it acceptable to cool down their wine during hot weather, the remaining 45% vehemently declared that they would “never” dilute their cherished drink with ice cubes.

Aldi’s unveiling of the Rosé Billboard aligns with the supermarket’s growing reputation as a go-to destination for rosé.

In 2022, Aldi experienced a 134% increase in spring/summer rosé sales compared to the previous year, with the most successful day coinciding with a scorching August heatwave.

The Aldi Rosé Billboard will be available to Manchester residents and visitors on today and tomorrow from 1pm until 7pm in St Ann’s Square.

Articles You May Like

Restaurant Prices Are Up. Here’s How To Eat At Home More Consistently.
Boeing orders, deliveries dry up in January as plane-maker grapples with latest Max crisis
Here Are The New Heart Healthy Food Trends
Chinese tourists are driving Asia-Pacific’s travel boom — flight bookings to hit pre-pandemic levels
How El Cielo Produces Award-Winning Wines And Luxury Hospitality In ‘The Napa Valley Of Mexico’

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *